“The voice of Vancouver Island’s Mountain Bike Community”
- To act to preserve and increase mountain biking access on south Vancouver Island.
- To promote responsible off-road cycling.
- To organize volunteers to aid in the restoration, development, and maintenance of mountain bike trail systems.
- To participate in the planning process for and the management of recreational land as it relates to mountain bike access and use.
- To conduct research on how mountain biking affects recreational land.
- To provide off road cyclists with education programs including:
- mountain bike safety,
- mountain bike practices that minimize user conflicts, trail damage and ecological impact,
- mountain bike trail planning, building and maintenance.
A constitution is a system for governance, often codified as a written document, that establishes the rules and principles of an autonomous political entity. Please feel free to check out the SIMBS Constitution..
Our Contact Information
Please refer to our contacts page for information about our mailing address, our board members, our directors and our committees, projects and volunteers.
How to Join SIMBS?
We’re always looking for new members to help us support mountain biking in Victoria. If you want access to more areas to ride, become a member by contributing today.
Why Join SIMBS?
Your membership fee helps towards:
- New authorized trails every year like Trillium and Torpedo Run
- Insurance for the trail builders
- Free stuff at events like new bike frames and GoPro cameras
- Advocacy efforts to make riding legal in areas like Mt Work, Hartland and Gowlland Tod
- Bike store discounts
- Lunches for the trail work volunteers
- Tools for the trail work volunteers
- Demo Days
- The Mud news
And events like:
- Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day,
- Club guided rides
- Club get-a-ways
- Poker Run
- Torpedo Run Throw-down
- Pub Nights
- Movie Nights
How to Sponsor SIMBS?
Your investment in SIMBS provides your business with many benefits unavailable through other advertising channels and assists us with the needed revenue to undertake various projects throughout the year. Refer to our sponsor page to view current sponsors and review our corporate sponsorship program.
SIMBS organizes a monthly ride on the third Sunday of month at the Mount Wok Hartland Regional Park.
Find out more.