MUD NEWS ARCHIVES
SIMBS is once again hosting the popular Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day on Sunday October 5th, 2014.
All ages are welcome, from toddlers to teens. And of course, experienced adults as ride leaders! MEC mechanics will be on hand to provide a bike check to all participants before departing on the group rides.
Entry is free, and to help speed things along you can pre-register here.
Like last year, we will be having two locations for the event – one in Victoria and the second in Cobble Hill:
Location: Hartland Mountain Bike Park
- 1:00 pm: registration and bike check
- 1:45 pm: guided mountain bike rides for different ability levels
- 3:00 pm: BBQ, snacks and prizes (food generously donated by Broadmead Thrifty Foods)
Location: Cleasby Bike Park
- 11:00 am: registration and bike check
- 11:45 am: guided mountain bike rides for different ability levels
- 1:00 pm: BBQ, snacks and prizes
Phase one is taking place for the Gowland Todd agreement with BC Parks, which means we are starting the trails assessment in the Partridge Hills area. We are in need of volunteers in order to complete this and move on to the next next stage!
There is a training session taking place on June 7th, at 9:30am, starting in the Durrance Lake Parking lot. The session will be 2-3 hours, and will cover how to collect the environmental data for the flora and physical aspects of the trail and areas.
Bring hiking boots, water and a note pad.
Please respond to email@example.com if you are able to attend.
Hello SIMBS Trail Crew.
Trail director (1/2) Greg Cantelon here.
Please join us for SIMBS Trail Maintenance Sunday April 27th, 2014 at 8:45 am at the Hartland parking lot. As always we supply the tools, gloves and training.
This session will be pushed to the right somewhat due to the long weekend (was supposed to happen April 20th). For our April TM session, work will occur in a variety of areas. Numbers permitting we plan on working on:
- Continued rehab of Shock Treatment 3 and (possibly) surrounding trails in the interest of establishing a planned for “intermediate loop”.
- Continued progress with Chad on WYD.
- Possible remedial work on trails in the North end.
There is also a Rocky Mountain Bikes Demo day happening at the park the same Sunday; we should be well entrenched before that starts, however. Parking midday will probably be tough.
RSVP me (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday April 18th AM if you wish to attend and indicate your choice of sandwich; roast beast, turkey, or veggie. If you don’t respond by the deadline, you are still welcome to join us – just bring your own snack.
Email if you have any questions or to let us know you are coming. Bring your bike for a ride afterwards – we have secure storage.
Your Simbs Trail Directors,