Saturday, April 16 • 1-3pm • Hartland Bike Park • $6 per child
Geared towards children, at a handful of points along a marked route, kids will be invited to colour a section of a paper Easter egg then, trade their completed egg for a healthy treat at the end. Guardian participation and supervision of children required. Valid SIMBS memberships required. Registration closes April 13.
To cater to different levels of riding experience, two routes are planned. Both will be flagged and may be previewed on Trailforks via the links below. Due to event time constraints, participants may only choose one route to ride.
- Route 1 - 4.9kms with 89m of climbing - https://www.trailforks.com/route/route-1-simbs-bunny-hop/
- Route 2 - 6.8kms with 155m of climbing - https://www.trailforks.com/route/route-2-simbs-bunny-hop/
Start and finish anytime 1-3pm. All participants must be off the course by 3pm. Check in, at the SIMBS tent in the main parking lot, will open at 12:45pm. Children may claim their finisher treat up until 3:15pm.
For insurance reasons, all participants must hold a valid SIMBS membership. Memberships may be renewed or purchased at simbs.com/membership.
Guardian participation and supervision of children is required. Guardians, please be prepared with nutrition, hydration and tools as desired. No on-course mechanical support or food/drink stations will be provided. First aid will be available but, bringing a few of your own bandaids or other supplies just in case certainly wouldn’t hurt.
Event parking will be available within the main Hartland lots and roadside alongside Hartland Avenue, with tires off pavement and clear of residential driveways. To reduce vehicle volume, please consider carpooling or choosing an active mode of transportation to/from the event.
Spectators are welcome to hike or ride to areas of the course. Please stick to sanctioned, established trails if doing so; being respectful and aware of other park users, along with the delicate flora and fauna.
Bringing fido? In adherence to the Parks Regulation Bylaw, they must be under control at all times.
Registration fees are non-refundable. In the event your child cannot participate due to illness or injury, registration may be transferred to another participant upon request. Requests must be submitted at least 24-hours before the event to email@example.com. No day-of transfers will be accommodated.
These opportunities don’t come with remuneration but, do include a post-event popsicle! All volunteers must be at least 15 years of age. Please email questions or expressions of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Opportunities are first come, first served.
- Course Marshal (12-3:30pm) - Expect to be stationed at a course checkpoint and responsible for set up and take down of it, along with greeting and supporting participants as they pass through. Must be comfortable hiking or biking, using personal bike, to/from the assigned point.
- Event Central (12-3:30pm) - Assist with the check-in of participants, distribution of course supplies and finisher treats, answering of general event questions and other miscellaneous event to-dos. Based at SIMBS tent in main parking lot.
- Course Set Up (9:30am-approx.12pm) - Hike or ride one of the planned routes, flagging it along the way.
- Course Take Down (3-approx.5:30pm) - Hike or ride one of the planned routes, taking down flagging and collecting any discarded event debris along the way.
- First Aid (12-3:30pm) - At a minimum, must be certified in Emergency or Standard First Aid with CPR-C. Expect to be stationed at a course checkpoint or Event Central and to be called upon for first aid assistance as needed. To ensure timely response, these volunteers must come prepared with a mountain bike and backpack, and be comfortable riding both of the planned routes (links above). A first aid kit will be provided.